Celebrating 30 More Years of Giving with Fun, Kind-hearted New Initiative
Columbia, SC – As its biggest, most visible 30 More Years of Giving campaign ‘Act of Giving’, Central Carolina Community Foundation has launched a social media contest that asks the question, “Why do you give?” The top three winners will receive, in total, $10,000 for their favorite charities.
Post your reason for giving via the #WhyIGiveSC hashtag on Twitter, or through a comment on the contest webpage between Nov. 3-10, 2014 and track contest entries at www.yourfoundation.org/whyigivesc.
#WhyIGiveSC Social Media Contest Details
From Nov. 3-10, 2014, enter Central Carolina Community Foundation’s social media contest, #WhyIGiveSC, and share your reasons for giving your time, talents, or treasures to the Midlands.
By explaining why you give in 140 characters or less on Twitter, or through a comment on our contest webpage, you can help your favorite local community organizations. Your post might answer one of these questions:
- Why do you give your time and volunteer to support people and causes you care about?
- Why do you give your talents or skills to help benefit your surrounding communities?
- Why do you give your treasure, money or other valuables, to help make the Midlands an awesome place to live?
Make sure you use the hashtag #WhyIGiveSC so your entries can be tracked. You may enter as many times as you wish!
Visit www.yourfoundation.org/whyigivesc (available November 3rd) to view all entries and provide your comments. After November 10, 2014, a jury of community volunteers will select the three winners with the most compelling and captivating reasons for giving back to their communities.
On Giving Tuesday, December 2, 2014, the Foundation will announce the contest’s top three winners. Each winner will select their favorite 501(c)3 nonprofit organization located within the Foundation’s eleven-county service area to receive a donation in his or her name in the following amounts:
1st place: $6,000
2nd place: $3,000
3rd place: $1,000
Let’s work together to give back and continue to make a difference.
What’s Next? Find Out About the Latest Acts of Giving via #WhyIGiveSC
Twitter: @CCCFtweets | https://twitter.com/cccftweets
Midlands residents are encouraged to visit www.yourfoundation.org to learn how they too can get involved and give back to their community. The Foundation’s online guide, “Make the Most of Your Giving,” provides information about philanthropy and tools that will help you give to causes you care about in a safe, responsible way.
30 More Years of Giving
To celebrate its 30th anniversary as the Midlands’ expert on philanthropy, Central Carolina Community Foundation has launched 30 More Years of Giving, an initiative devoted to giving back via multiple “Acts of Giving” in partnership with an array of local nonprofits throughout Fall 2014.
To learn more about Central Carolina Community Foundation and 30 More Years of Giving, please contact the Foundation at email@example.com and (803) 254-5601, or visit www.yourfoundation.org.
Happening Now at the Foundation:
- The Foundation’s annual Best of Philanthropy Awards will be held Nov. 13, 2014 at 701 Whaley in Columbia, S.C.
- The Foundation is celebrating its 30th year as the expert in philanthropy in the Midlands.
- Over $150,000 in scholarships were awarded by the Foundation across its 11-county service area in the Midlands this year.
- JoAnn Turnquist, President and CEO, was awarded the Palmetto Vision Award by the S.C. Chamber of Commerce on Sept. 18, 2014.
- Registration for participating nonprofits is underway for Midlands Gives, May 5, 2015.
About Central Carolina Community Foundation:
Central Carolina Community Foundation is a nonprofit organization serving 11 counties in the Midlands by distributing grants and scholarships and linking the resources of donors, nonprofits and area leaders to communities in need. For more information about the Foundation, visit www.yourfoundation.org or call 803.254.5601.