International investors are taking a close look at Africa as the country offers more and more potential for business and investing opportunities. Africa now has one of the world’s fastest-growing economies with many reasons for investors to do business there.
Here are 5 reasons why investors love Africa
- Africa is becoming more and more wealthy, and more educated.
- Africa’s population includes 200 million people between 15-24 which represents high potential for marketing consumer goods.
- Africa holds much potential for construction and power plant companies because the country has a huge demand for energy, roads and water.
- Many international companies such as Nestle’, Heineken and Unilever have locations in Africa so investors can invest with well-established, recognized businesses.
- South Africa and Nigeria have funds that can be traded on the New York Stock Exchange, making it easier for investors to invest there.
According to an article posted recently from USA Today reporter Hadley Malcolm, the insurance industry offers much potential for investors in Africa. Companies such as Pan African Insurance Holdings and CIC Insurance are booming, with shares up 127 percent and 73 percent respectively. According to analysis by T. Rowe Price, for the next five years you can expect Africa to continue to attract investors and remain one of the 10 fastest-growing economies in the world.
To read this article in its entirety visit BlackBussiness.org
The MinorityEye is a news aggregator that shares digital content from websites and other online resources that focus on minority culture, people and issues relevant to people of color. TME curates the voices, thoughts and perspectives of minority writers, bloggers, authors, reporters, columnists, pundits, consultants and thought leaders as well as those who write about minorities and issues that impact communities of color.