Ever wonder what the traits of a good man are? If you are in the dating scene, I am sure you have? We all have wanted to know the type of things to look for in a good man. Take a peek at these 5 traits of a good man and keep them in mind during your next date.
1. PROMISES – A man’s word is his currency. A respectable man is a man of his word. He says what he means and means what he says. His word is his bond. A good man will keep his promises to his woman. He won’t break dates and be a no call and no show. He will not play with your emotions. He remembers to call you when he says he will. A man who values his woman keeps his promises. That is the way he shows that he cares.
2. Intimacy is something that is natural to human nature. However, pressuring a woman whom he just met for sex is not of a good man’s nature. A man who has any intentions of being a good mate to you does not pressure you for sex when he meets you. A woman is not a vehicle to be driven. Her body does not need to be test driven. A woman is a gift from God, and her time, attention and affection should be appreciated, not taken for granted. If a woman meets a man who wants to test drive her physical body, emotions and feelings, it’s best that she point him to a car dealership, bid him goodbye and don’t look back! A woman deserves a good man who will respect her.
3. A good man will let a woman know what place she has in his life. He will give you a title, whether that title be friend, girlfriend, boo, woman, lady, or wife, he will introduce you as such. He will introduce you according to how he feels about a woman, no surprises. Good men in general tend to be very protective. We mark our territory. If a good man loves you, he is willing to profess it to others.
4. A good man is not a selfish man. He puts his woman first and is always sure to address any issues or concerns that she may have. A good man desires to do things that make his woman happy. The opinions of his lady count to him. He understands that a happy wife means a happy life.
5. When a good man wakes up in the morning, his mission is to make sure that his family is taken care of in every way, to the best of his ability. He wants to make sure his woman is happy and satisfied. Providing for the people he loves and cares about, whether it’s financially or with sweat equity, it’s all a part of a good man’s DNA. A good man has no limits to the things he provides for those he loves.* A good man believes in uplifting his community, whether that be in terms of mentorship, volunteering his time or allowing himself to be an image that youth can look up to. The people in his life label him as a good man.
* A good man has a desire to protect and provide for his woman. Even if he may currently not have the financial ability to provide for a woman he still has a deep desire to. If he doesn’t want to see his mother working diligently chances are he does not want to see his woman work diligently either.