(Columbia, S.C.) –The One SC Fund Grants Committee has announced the seventh round of nonprofit recipients of grant awards for flood and hurricane recovery projects across South Carolina. Grantees will receive a total of $266,500 to support their projects. To support the fund, visit http://www.onescfund.org.
To date, the One SC Fund, established by former Governor Nikki Haley in November 2015 after the thousand-year flood to help South Carolinians who are recovering from a disaster, has awarded $3,447,500 in grants to nonprofits to support flood recovery projects across our state, helping more than 1,580 families return home. In October 2016, the fund was expanded to provide relief and recovery assistance to those impacted by Hurricane Matthew.
The latest round of grantees will provide volunteer labor and additional financial support for projects ranging from mold remediation to complete home rebuilds.
Five nonprofit organizations will receive grants from the One SC Fund:
· Black River United Way: General Rebuild, Mold Remediation and Home Recovery in Georgetown and Williamsburg Counties.
· Catholic Charities of South Carolina: General Rebuild, Mold Remediation, Home Recovery, Materials, House in a Box and Furnishings in Georgetown, Williamsburg, Berkeley and Dillon Counties.
· Habitat for Humanity Georgetown County, Inc.: General Rebuild, Mold Remediation, Home Recovery and Materials in Georgetown and Williamsburg Counties.
· Home Works of America: General Rebuild and Home Recovery in Berkeley, Dorchester and Williamsburg Counties.
· Palmetto Disaster Recovery: General Rebuild, Mold Remediation, Home Recovery Materials, House in a Box and Furnishings in Williamsburg, Lee, Colleton, Dillon and Beaufort Counties.
There is still much work required to rebuild South Carolina from recent disasters – work that will require funding. Donations to the One SC Fund are being accepted and will continue the work of serving those impacted by disasters that have hit the state.
How to Donate to the One SC Fund
Those wishing to contribute to the One SC Fund can do so in the following ways:
- Online: Visit http://www.onescfund.org to make a donation with your credit card
- Mail: Send a check made payable to Central Carolina Community Foundation-One SC to: Central Carolina Community Foundation-One SC, 2711 Middleburg Drive, Suite 213, Columbia, SC 29204