By: Zondra Hughes –
The dirty details of what men expect of their sidepieces, even if they don’t explain the rules as thoroughly as they should. Thus, without further ado, here are the top 10 rules that men expect their sidepieces to know.
1. You are the other woman. This does not mean that you are the only other woman. Act accordingly.
2. Please focus on the stolen moments that we spend together. Do not concern yourself with my whereabouts when we are apart. Frankly speaking, my life outside of our time together is not your concern.
3. Be comfortable with who you are to me; do not mention my wife and/or main woman, as she is not your concern. Do NOT compare yourself to my main chick in any way and do not attempt to contact her — to do so would be a breach of our agreement.
4. Anticipate frequent changes in our plans; for the most part, a spur of the moment escape is the best that I can do.
5. You must understand that maintaining a positive vibe while we are in each other’s company is vital to the success of our situationship. No bickering or nagging about promises that I didn’t keep.
6. We are secret lovers; we can’t blast our situationship to the world. Please don’t tag me on Facebook, and don’t send me invitations to your work/family functions or events. Major holidays — more likely than not — will be missed.
7. No discussions about “where this situationship is headed.” We are where we will be; together, in this moment. Enjoy it.
8. Yes, I am still sleeping with my significant other, and we do not use condoms. Again, focus on our time together, and not what I do while we are apart.
The MinorityEye is a news aggregator that shares digital content from websites and other online resources that focus on minority culture, people and issues relevant to people of color. TME curates the voices, thoughts and perspectives of minority writers, bloggers, authors, reporters, columnists, pundits, consultants and thought leaders as well as those who write about minorities and issues that impact communities of color.