Capture Columbia, a talent retention initiative powered by Columbia Opportunity Resource (COR) with support from Midlands Business Leadership Group (MBLG), returns this summer for its second year. Capture Columbia is a free program for college students who will intern or work in the greater Columbia region. The program consists of six events, providing opportunities to connect college-age students to the community and jumpstart their careers locally through building networks and community service efforts. Registration for the 2022 Capture Columbia class will remain open through June 14.
What to expect during the 2022 Capture Columbia program
From June 7-August 9 Capture Columbia will convene for networking, professional development and insider experiences at different locations across the greater Columbia region, in both Richland and Lexington counties. The events take place in the morning or afternoon with limited spillover into working hours.
- June 7 – Kickoff Meet & Greet at Savage Craft 5:00-7:00PM
- June 14- Behind the Scenes at Bull Street + Columbia Fireflies Game 5:30-9PM
- June 28- Explore & Restore our Rivers 8:30-10:00AM
- July 12- Morning on Main Street 8:30-10:30AM
- July 26- Discovering #RealColumbiaSC Districts 8:30-10:30AM
- August 9- Graduation at Capital City Club 5:00-7:00PM