(Columbia, SC) – Ahead of the holiday weekend and as summer break is officially here, the Columbia Metropolitan Airport (CAE hereafter) is sharing useful air travel tips to ensure passengers are prepared and ready for their next flight.
“Since April 2021 when the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said in a statement that fully vaccinated Americans could travel within the United States without pre or post testing, we have seen a significant increase in passenger traffic month over month,” said Kim Jamieson, Director of Marketing & Air Service Development for CAE.
In May of 2020, CAE saw roughly 15,400 passengers through the airport, compared to May of 2021, when CAE saw roughly 72,800 passengers. From a nationwide perspective, it was reported on TSA.gov that 2,066,964 travelers went through TSA security checkpoints on June 28, 2021. This data shows that travel is certainly back!
CAE is grateful to the Columbia, SC community for utilizing CAE and encourages passengers to continue to Fly Local and use their hometown airport.
For those returning to air travel, CAE wants to share a few travel tips to prepare you for an easy experience:
- Don’t forget your mask! This federal mandate is in place until September 13, 2021 or until further notice. This mandate applies for inside the terminal (for those flying and those who are picking up passengers) and while onboard any aircraft that service CAE.
- Check the status of your flight often on your airline’s app or CAE’s website (https://flycae.com/flight-information/) before coming to the airport.
- Arrive two hours before your flight to ensure you’re waiting at the gate, and not in the TSA security line.
- Consider signing up for TSA Pre-Check. This five-year membership is acquired through an application process and allows you to keep shoes on, laptops in your bag, belts and jackets on and ensures an expedited security screening process.
- Pre-book your parking and save on your spot! Convenient and easy pre-book parking options now available at CAE. (https://flycae.com/airport/parking).
- Follow CAE on social media as travel details and updates are often shared on these channels: Instagram (@flycae), Twitter (@iFlyCAE), Facebook (Columbia Metropolitan Airport CAE) and LinkedIN (Columbia Metropolitan Airport).
- Expect things to look differently if you haven’t flown in some time, but know that we’re here to help you Fly with Ease!
“CAE’s main priority has always been its passengers,” said Jamieson. “We look forward to helping make the community’s air travel as easy as possible.”