The Greater Columbia Community Relations Council’s monthly “Hot Topics” Forum for April will focus on industry workforce shortages in The Midlands.
The event will be held on Friday, April 12, 2019, at 930 Richland Street, in the Palmetto Room, from 12:00p.m.-1:30p.m.
The public is invited to attend.
The panelists will include:
- Tom Ledbetter, Associate Vice Provost, Center for Entrepreneurship & Educational Support, Midlands Technical College
- Val Richardson, Workforce Development Manager, Prisma Health
- George Roper, President, Roper Staffing
- Melissa Lindler, Director, Office of Business Opportunities, City of Columbia
- Michael Adams, Vice President of Business Development and Government Relations, Goodwill Industries of Upstate/Midlands South Carolina
- Brian Nottingham, Director, Business Intelligence Division, SC DEW
The Greater Columbia Community Relations Council is a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization serving the Midlands of South Carolina. Our goal is to advocate, mediate and educate in such a way that all of the citizens of our diverse communities are included in the public policies that shape our region. CRC’s programs include public educational forums and deliberative dialogues; mediation of contentious community issues; advocacy programs with particular emphasis on the housing needs of the disabled and low- to moderate-income individuals; and youth leadership engagement and mentorship.
To RSVP for this event, please contact Sonya Chapman at (803)733-1134.