The members of the Greater Columbia Community Relations Council’s (“CRC”) Board of Directors and the Community Affairs Committee present our monthly “Hot Topics” Forum. This month’s Hot Topic will be “Economic Development and Property Taxes in the City of Columbia”. The event will be held on Friday, February 8, 2019 at 930 Richland Street, in the Palmetto Room. (Light refreshments will be served, and you’re welcome to bring a bag lunch)
The discussion will include many of the main stakeholders and thought-leaders tasked with developing a solution to the City of Columbia’s current dilemma.
The panelists are:
- Honorable Stephen K. Benjamin Mayor, Columbia, South Carolina
- Councilmember Paul Livingston Chairman, Richland County Council
- Henri Baskins Executive Vice President, Greater Columbia Chamber of Commerce
- Ryan Coleman Director, City of Columbia Office of Economic Development
- Jeff Ruble Director, Richland County Economic Development Office
LasentaLewis-Ellis, GC, CM, CQM-C President/CEO, LLE Construction Group, LLC
The Greater Columbia Community Relations Council is a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization serving the Midlands of South Carolina. Our goal is to advocate, mediate and educate in such a way that all of the citizens of our diverse communities are included in the public policies that shape our region. CRC’s programs include public educational forums and deliberative dialogues; mediation of contentious community issues; advocacy programs with particular emphasis on the housing needs of the disabled and low to moderate income individuals; and youth leadership engagement and mentorship.
To RSVP for this event, please contact Sonya Chapman at (803)733-1134.