The Richland County Legislative Delegation has submitted the names of five people for Governor Henry McMaster to consider for appointment to the Richland County Election Commission.
This comes after the Governor’s February 14 executive order to remove all five previous members of the Richland County elections board.
- A news release from the Delegation identifies the five election board nominees as:
- Charles P. Austin, former Columbia Police Chief and former city manager
- Duncan Buell, a University of South Carolina professor of computer science and engineering
- Yolanda Y. Taylor, a real estate broker and banker
- Shelia E. Washington, who has worked as a volunteer coordinator at Logan Elementary
- and Anjanette President.