Columbia, SC– Spend quality time with family and friends over the holiday season by gathering around the kitchen. Richland Library is cooking up some great recipes with a series of programs, titled 12 Days of Cookies.
The staff at our Northeast location (7490 Parklane Road) are inviting the community into the Teaching Kitchen to test out batches of sweet treats. Geared toward teens and adults, the first program is set for 6 – 7 p.m., Monday, December 9, and it features Salted Chocolate, Caramel and Pretzel Bars.
Then the programs continue from 3 – 4 p.m. on the following dates:
- December 10 – Pretzel Hugs
- December 11 – Cookie Pizza
- December 12 – Pumpkin Spice Cookies
- December 13 – M&M Chocolate Cookies
- December 14 – Apple Cream Pennies
- December 16 – Spanish Chocolate Cookies
- December 17 – Snickerdoodles
- December 18 – Gooey S’mores Crockpot Candy
- December 19 – Churros
- December 20 – Snowball Cookies
- December 21 – Almond Raspberry Cookies
All programs in this series are free and open to the public, and they do not require registration.
The Teaching Kitchen at Richland Library Northeast offers an environment where customers can learn about different cooking techniques, regional and international cuisine, and nutrition. It’s one of many enhanced spaces inside the location that opened to the public in October 2018, following a more than $4 million construction project.
For questions, please contact Emily Stoll at 803-587-3637 or email [email protected].