Tulsi Gabbard is the first female combat veteran to ever run for the presidency of the United States and currently serves as a Major in the US Army National Guard. Completing basic training in Fort Jackson, South Carolina, Tulsi went on to serve two tours of duty in the Middle East and returned home to run for Congress, winning in an upset landslide victory against an establishment opponent.
Tulsi’s life of service is marked by the courage and heart of a soldier. As a fourth-term Congresswoman from the state of Hawaii, Tulsi has served for over six years on the Foreign Affairs and Armed Services Committees. Her experience has given her both an appreciation for the importance of our national security and a first hand experience of the cost of war, both on our service members as well as their families and our nation.
She is running for president to:
- End costly and counterproductive foreign wars that don’t make us safer,
- Stop the new Cold War and nuclear arms race that have drained trillions of dollars from our country
- Invest the money wasted on those wars and weapons to meet the needs of the American people, including health care for every American
- Fix a broken criminal justice system that unfairly targets communities of color
- Stop the war on drugs and our communities by ending the federal prohibition on marijuana
- Promote economic opportunity for every American
Come hear from Tulsi herself about where her dedication lies, her love for our country and her vision for a government that is truly of, by and for the people — with peace, prosperity and justice for all, upholding dignity and compassion for everyone as children of God.