Tulsi Gabbard is the first female combat veteran to ever run for the presidency of the United States and currently serves as a Major in the US Army National Guard.
Tulsi’s life of service is marked by the courage and heart of a soldier. As a fourth-term Congresswoman from the state of Hawaii, Tulsi has served for over six years on the Foreign Affairs and Armed Services Committees. Her experience has given her both an appreciation for the importance of our national security and a first hand experience of the cost of war, both on our service members as well as their families and our nation.
She is running for president to:
- End costly and counterproductive foreign wars that don’t make us safer,
- Stop the new Cold War and nuclear arms race that have drained trillions of dollars from our country
- Invest the money wasted on those wars and weapons to meet the needs of the American people, including health care for every American
- Fix a broken criminal justice system that unfairly targets communities of color
- Stop the war on drugs and our communities by ending the federal prohibition on marijuana
- Promote economic opportunity for every American
If you’re excited to be a part of our team and help spread Tulsi’s message, we welcome you to submit your resume!
As a community organizer in South Carolina, your job is to identify and build relationships with community leaders, identify opportunities for collaboration with community organizations and assist in planning and executing trips and events.
What we’re looking for:
— Strong commitment to the principles of democracy and people-first movements;
— Enthusiasm for Tulsi’s message of service above self;
— Experience with political or community organizing;
— Ability to build strong relationships on the basis of shared goals;
— Flexibility in working remotely with a team distributed across multiple time zones;
— Experience meeting tight deadlines and working in a fast paced, changing environment;
— Willingness to work long hours and be on-call, including nights and weekends as needed;
Success in this position will be evaluated based on outcomes, not simply time spent – candidates need to be able to evaluate and set goals for their work, in collaboration with a supervisor, and then manage their own time to execute against those goals. Candidates will be expected to bring their own knowledge of their community and their state to assist in local strategizing.