Organizations will have the opportunity to learn about Richland County’s grant programs at a pair of workshops in November.
The Internal Grants Funding Guidelines Workshops will focus on the County’s three major grant programs: tourism-based grants from the Accommodations Tax and Hospitality Tax, as well as service-based Discretionary Grants.
- Accommodations Tax Grants provide financial support to nonprofit organizations to fund tourism and tourism-related projects and events.
- Hospitality Tax Grants support organizations and projects whose primary mission is attracting tourists; these grants promote dining and overnight accommodations in unincorporated areas of Richland County.
- Discretionary Grants go toward nonprofit or charitable organizations that assist County residents.
Those interested in applying for the grants are strongly encouraged to attend one of the two sessions. Eligible organizations must have been in existence at least one year before requesting funding and must provide proof of nonprofit status.
“Richland County Council is committed to helping groups in our community through our grant programs,” said James Hayes, director of Budget and Grants Management for the County. “The goal is to continue to build a vibrant, healthy and responsive community where individuals live, work and play.”
During the workshops, County staff will offer a live demonstration and provide assistance applying for grants online through ZoomGrants, the program used to electronically submit all grant applications.
Information on eligibility requirements, allowable costs and disbursement criteria will also be provided.
The workshops will take place:
- 6 p.m.-8 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 13 in the Fourth Floor Conference Room of the Richland County Administration Building, 2020 Hampton St., Columbia
- 9 a.m.-noon Wednesday, Nov. 20 in Council Chambers of the Richland County Administration Building, 2020 Hampton St., Columbia
Register for the workshops by calling Portia Easter at 803-576-2108 by Friday, Nov. 8 (for the Nov. 13 workshop) or Friday, Nov. 15 (for the Nov. 20 workshop).