“SC Uplift Community Outreach is extremely excited to have the opportunity to help individuals of Abbeville, Edgefield, and McCormick Counties with their rent or mortgages during these difficult times. The money awarded by SC Stay will help hundreds of individuals to stay in their homes” said Kevin E. Wimberly, Co-Founder/CEO of SC Uplift Community Outreach.
SC UpLift’s goal is to improve the communities of South Carolina by ensuring that the individuals and families in this state have safe, secure, and affordable housing.
Significant accomplishments of SC UpLift include:
• Earning the 1st Gold Certified Universal Living Home for the State of South Carolina
• Supporting the Tiny Home Project for the Town of Summerton and AARP
• Building a new home in the Bluff Estates community
• Completing rehabs within multiple communities around Columbia with the addition of Telehealth services and Aging in Place amenities
• Distributing more than 4,000 PPE face masks to people in the community, in partnership with Classic Ford Lincoln of Columbia, a Mills Automotive Group.
To learn more about SC Uplift Community Outreach affordable homes and grants for rehabs, visit www.scuplift.org.