• Juneteenth at Segra Park – Friday, June 10, 6 p.m.; Segra Park, 1640 Freed Street, Columbia, SC.
• Blythewood Juneteenth Block Party – Saturday, June 11, 11 a.m., 158 Langford Road, Blythewood, SC.
This special event will feature national recording artists Chubb Rock and Meelah. There will be vendors and food trucks, plus live DJ’s all day.
• Juneteenth History, Present & Future with Elders – Wednesday, June 15, 6 p.m.; Community Park of Irmo, 7507 Eastview Drive, Irmo, SC.
Juneteenth is a time to gather as a community and reflect on the past as we look toward the future. The Town of Irmo is working alongside the South Carolina Juneteenth Freedom Fest to host the second annual History with the Elders celebration on June 15, 2022. We are bringing together an outdoor self-guided exhibit including presentations, artifacts, photography, stories, and more. We invite you to learn about Irmo’s African American history, culture, and to look back at Irmo’s roots as never seen before. This event is free to the public.
• SC Juneteenth Freedom Fest Meet & Greet – Thursday, June 16, 6 p.m.; Steve Padgett’s Honda of Lake Murray, 750 Western Lane, Irmo, SC.
Come meet TEAM JUNETEENTH & supporters. Heavy tapas, beverages, and live music. Hosted by The Food Academy, Steve Padgett’s Honda Of Lake Murray, and the Town of Irmo.
• 2nd Annual Juneteenth Gala Noir & Awards – Friday, June 17, 6 p.m.; Marriott Hotel Columbia, 1200 Hampton Street, Columbia, SC
This Black-Tie affair will be hosted by James Patrick. General Admission tickets are $50, VIP tickets are $75. Tickets can be purchased on EventBrite. The Gala is a formal event and will include live performances, art displayed by some of Columbia’s top African American artists, poetry and an award ceremony to honor persons who are making significant contributions to their community. Ticket price includes reserved seating and heavy hors d’oeuvre. There will also be a cash and cigar bar. A portion of the money from ticket sales will go towards The Juneteenth Freedom Fest scholarship fund.
• 6th Annual Juneteenth Freedom Fest Carnival – Saturday, June 18, 12 noon – 12 June 19 12 midnight; Charles W. Johnson Stadium, 1920 Two Notch Road, Columbia, SC.
6th Annual Juneteenth Freedom Festival in Columbia, SC at the Benedict College Charlie W. Johnson Stadium. We will have vendors, bounce houses, fire trucks, EMS units, police cars, food trucks, national recording artists, local talent, a fashion show, carnival and a job fair.
• Juneteenth Adult Prom – Saturday, June 18, 6 p.m.; Medallion Conference Center, 7309 Garners Ferry Road, Columbia, SC.
• Juneteenth Celebration in Hopkins, SC – Sunday, June 19, noon.; Historic Harriet Barber House, 116 Barberville Loop, Hopkins, SC.
Celebrating 150 Years of the Sam & Harriet Barber grounds! There will be family fun, Live Entertainment, Vendors, Exhibits, Tour the Congaree National Park, RV Visitors, Displays, American Inventors Museum, presentations, live entertainment, Cultural Expressions, African Drummers & Dancers, Dontavious Williams (Chronicles Of Adam), The Gospel Redeemers, Sam & Harriet Barber, Wendell Sumter & Creeklife, The Buffalo Soldiers, Zeb Harrison & The Sounds Of Praise, and more. Admission is free.
• SC Juneteenth Freedom Fest Parade – Monday, June 20, 10 a.m.; Columbia, SC
Bring your friends and family out to enjoy the first Juneteenth Freedom Fest Parade in downtown Columbia. The parade route is centered on Main Street. The grand marshals are Congressman James E. Clyburn and Richland County Coroner Naida Rutherford.